Talk Therapists for Common Sense
This is a new professional association for talk therapists that no longer feel at home in the dominant guilds. A common sense helping professional rejects the conventional wisdom of political correctness, and seeks truth for better care. Briefly stated, we reject the prevailing clinical notions about race, sex, and gender feminism that have contaminated our field. Consider affiliating with us as a founding member to help us shape the organization.
Click here to learn about the first ever Positive Disruptor Conference!
You read that correctly – a professional association for common sense helping professionals. We believe this may be the first of its kind, a non-sectarian guild for helping professionals that is not contaminated by the social justice political whims Du-jour. We are also on the cutting edge of the change revolution, as proponents of the common factors in psychotherapy. We reject model fidelity and empirical validation propaganda. We reject the medication myth that has an alarming percentage of people taking psychotropic medications that do not help them and produce serious side-effects. We are concerned that people are not being helped effectively because change agents are holding to mythological notions that interfere with good care. The major mental health guilds, unfortunately, cater to these political whims and outdated notions because they are the keepers of the status quo. We want to provide an alternative for professionals who care deeply about our vocation, and wish to practice authentically and effectively. We help people build character-based competencies and enduring pro-social community commitments that lead to a happy life.
- Applying critical thinking rather than political correctness or social justice in our work.
- Fostering the capacity for self-control, psychological differentiation, personal agency, interdependence, interpersonal wisdom, and respect for authority.
- Teaching people how to be happy, loving, productive, and wise.
- Advocating the strengthening of marriages, families, and civic institutions, as the essential ingredients for healthy communities.
- Advocating what works, based on state of the art research rather than conventional wisdom.
- Systems reform that frees helpers to be maximally effective.
- Fostering the enlightenment principles of freedom, personal responsibility, neighborliness, and thrift as core communitarian competencies.
- Honoring the positive power of the spiritual mystery of the helping relationship.
We are a small group of revolutionary leaders that are willing to endure career risks to stand up for our principles. These are troublesome times for our professions and our communities. We wish to do battle with the destructive political trends and social realities that are making it more difficult for individuals, families, and communities to find happiness and success. We want to stand for righteousness and excellence as the spokespeople for common sense in the helping professions. We believe a common sense renaissance in our professions will stimulate a renaissance in our communities.
If you would like to join Talk Therapists for Common Sense, please send an email with your name, professional position, work location, and the email you would like to use for our email listserv, Free Spirits for Truth and Common Sense. Pay the membership fee below and you are all set.
Talk Therapists from counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychiatry, psychology, or social work.
Membership in Talk Therapists for Common Sense will take courage. Joining our group is making a statement that you are taking a stand for common sense. Join us if you would like to make a difference. This is a non-sectarian organization. Religious and secular people are welcome.
This group will begin as a virtual organization.
Annual membership is $50.00. Donations are also accepted. Fees can be remitted via PayPal below.